Some say that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Believe it or not, it actually contributes the most value to your home. Therefore, as a homeowner, it is important that you remodel your kitchen if you want to sell your house or if you want to create a new atmosphere. Kitchen remodeling requires a big budget especially if you have to replace an old countertop and fix the cabinets. Hence, you need to estimate your budget before the project commences. You should know exactly how much money you need for new fixtures, materials, and labor. If you want to cut down the cost, you should consider using the existing layout. Below are some tips on how to estimate your kitchen remodeling project:
1. First and foremost, take photographs of your kitchen to help you plan the remodeling project. Write down a complete plan that includes material types.
2. If you wish to re-tile your kitchen floor, measure the area of one tile by multiplying the width by the length. Tiles are normally sold by the square foot. To count how many tiles you need, you need to divide the area of the kitchen floor by the area of one tile. Then, you just have to multiply the amount by the price of each tile.
3. The kitchen cabinet is probably one of the items that you want to replace. Measure the length and the depth of your old cabinet. You also need to find out the price of new cabinet. If you only plan to reface the cabinet, calculate the price of supplies needed for the job such as brushes, paint and drop cloths.
4. You need to measure the length and the width of your old countertop if you want to replace it. Like tiles, most countertops are sold by the square foot, so you need to calculate the area of the countertop.
5. Check the available options for countertops. Stone and granite are costly but they offer great durability. Laminate is a more affordable alternative, but the style is a little bit out of date. Besides calculating the price of the countertop, you should take into account the installation as well.
6. Decide the price of cabinets, appliances, flooring, and fixtures that you can afford. If you are running on a tight budget, it would be more efficient to purchase the items and materials needed from the same store. Some items like appliances, fixtures and cabinets account for 30% from the remodeling cost.
Estimating the budget for your kitchen remodeling project is not a difficult task. You will need a camera, a sheet of paper, a measuring tape and a pencil. Another great tip to cut down your budget is to buy the materials when they are on sale. Stores usually hold sales on certain occasions like Memorial Day weekends or Labor Day.
Get the complete kitchen remodel estimate [ https://kitchenremodelinginsandiego.com/] tips from us and run your kitchen remodel [ kitchen remodeling in san diego ] project successfully!